As far as what you can expect to be tested on proportionally, here is the current breakout as per the AICPAs Content Specification Outline.
- Corporate Governance (16% - 20%)
- Strategic Planning (10% – 14%)
- Financial Management (19% - 23%)
- Information Systems and Communications (15% - 19%)
- Economic Concepts and Analysis (16% - 20%)
- Operations Management (12% - 16%)
COSO explores common judgement traps, lays out five-step decision-making processBy Ken Tysiac
March 03 2012
Many faulty business decisions can be traced to “confirmation bias” that leads people to unwittingly seek information that bolsters what they want to believe, says Brigham Young University accounting professor Doug Prawitt.
“We don’t realise it when we do that, but it’s a very, very powerful human bias,” he said Thursday during a telephone interview.
Prawitt is co-author of “Enhancing Board Oversight: Avoiding Judgment Traps and Biases”, a white paper on business judgement released Wednesday by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO).... (read the whole thing)