- Majority of candidates in quarter one were first time exam takers. Over 40,000 candidates sat for the CPA Exam for their very first time in Q1 of 2012.
- The average score ranged from 71.9 in BEC to 68.9 in FAR
- More people sat for AUD in January and February than any other section.
- Almost half (49.5%) of first time exam takers passed. This is pretty consistent with long term trends.
- In spite of most States now requiring 150 for licensure, most candidates had their Bachelor’s Degree as opposed to a Master’s Degree or higher... in fact, only 14.3% had advanced degrees
- The average age of the CPA Candidate was near 30 years old.
Monday, April 16, 2012
CPA EXAM PERFORMANCE Q1 2012 - Behind the numbers
NASBA has provided some interesting cross-tabs on the 2012 Q1 CPA exam scores. Here is a consolidation of some of the tidbits:
Posted by CPA Study Guy at 2:37 PM